Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fluffy Coucous

Since I've started making tagine on a fairly regular basis, I've also started making couscous regularly. When I was in a Moroccan restaurant in Paris, the chef would bring the couscous fresh out of the kitchen and fluff it right beside your table before serving...since then, I realized that fluffiness is a sign of good couscous. I found this blog online and it's a few extra steps but it's worth it.

Fluffy Couscous
Serves 6
Vegetarian and Vegan
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes

  • 3 c. couscous
  • 4.5 c. boiling water
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 T. olive oil...drizzling on extra before serving is yummy.
Add the salt and oil to boiling water. Spread couscous evenly in the bottom of a large casserole so that it is in as thin a layer as possible. Add the water and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Wait until all the water is absorbed (about 15 minutes), then fluff with a fork. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment