Sunday, August 7, 2011

Quick Fix Beef Salad

I have been working all afternoon until now on a dress that I am making. Too tired to go crazy in the kitchen, I fixed myself a beef salad. I actually bought pre marinated beef at Fresh Fanatic in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. You can always marinate your own beef with the following ingredients:

0.70 Oz. Flank Steak
Garlic
Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
Cumin
Paprika
Tumeric
Salt
Pepper

I think that you should add however much you feel of each ingredient. If you want it more garlic-y, add more garlic. If you want more sour taste, add more lemon. I would say though that you should not go more than 1 T lemon.

Salad Ingredients:
2 cups arugula
1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half and stems cut off

Heat frying pan on high. Add about 1T olive oil. When the pan is hot, add flank steak and cook both sides for about 3 minutes or until it is brown on each side. Remove from pan and cut into thin slices. You may want it more well done, so you should cook it longer.

Add arugula and cherry tomatoes to plate, and add steak on top. Voila! Finished.

Optional: A few thinly sliced red onion, and/or take out cherry tomatoes. This salad is already very flavorful so adding in and taking out will still make it good. Also, this salad is more on the acidic side so adding bread to absorb it would be a suggestion.
-Minna



No comments:

Post a Comment