Saturday, August 27, 2011

Slow Cookin' Spare Ribs with Zucchini

All I have to say is wow. When I took a bite into the rib, I couldn't get enough. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and I am so glad I did. The only thing I added to the slow cooker is zucchini. I am someone who always has to have vegetables, so I wanted to see how it would turn out. Darn good. That's all I have to say. 


Since Hurricane Irene is on her way, I also wanted to make brown rice in case our electricity went out. It's perishable, but I feel okay eating rice that's not refrigerated. Well, I'm glad I paired it with my slow cookin' spare ribs and zucchini. It balanced perfectly. 


Here is the recipe from Allrecipe.com. Just add one chopped zucchini (chop it kind of thick because it becomes very soft) 

Ingredients 

  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 pounds pork spareribs
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
  • 1/4 cup cold water (optional)

Directions

  1. Place ribs in a large stock pot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes.
  2. In a mixing bowl, mix together soup, onion, garlic, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Remove ribs from water, and transfer to a slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs.
  3. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.
  4. If sauce is too thin when cooking time is done, drain sauce from ribs, and pour into a sauce pan. Combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch with a small amount of cold water, stir into sauce, and bring sauce to boil. Cook until sauce has reached desired thickness.

You know how to make rice, right? I hope so, because I use a rice cooker. You can always follow the instructions in the recipe Spiced Ground Beef Mixed With Vegetables on how to make brown rice.





No comments:

Post a Comment