Saturday, August 27, 2011

Whole Wheat Flour Banana Bread

Hurricane Irene is on the way, so I ended up cooking and baking since our subways and buses are shut down and it is raining.

I had the ingredients for banana bread, so I decided to bake that. It is so easy to make and it's so good. You can add chopped nuts, or chocolate chips but I didn't have those on hand so I didn't add. Also, though I used Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, you can use All Purpose White Flour and it will do its job.

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Melted Real Butter Unsalted
2 Eggs
3 Mashed Very Ripe Bananas
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 3/4 Cup Flour (All Purpose or Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour)

Preheat slow oven 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix in order given. pour into a greased baking dish (at least 4x8) with a spatula. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes.

Fresh from the oven! 




No comments:

Post a Comment